Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Lament

Why do all Cup-A-Soups taste the same??
Why does this bruise, when I poke it, cause me pain??
I wanna know!! Have you ever seen the rain??
Oh Romeo, Romeo- What's in a name??

I find it sad. Subject, verb, object.

I've found lots of things sad recently- the drunk obese Maori woman at the bus stop with a dog collar round her neck and a giant safety pin through her ear, a friend of mine at Uni who hates Wellington purely because he hasn't seen the beauty of it yet, the fact that my dog is getting very old and I hardly get to see her anymore.

However, the sighs I sigh for these things are made with breath, and that is one thing I do not lament. I have breath in my body and blood in my veins. The Maori woman will sober up (hopefully...), Christie will get used to the city when I take him round to see things, and I will see Sally very soon when I go back up and I will cuddle and play with her.

Yay!! Back home soon, and I will be able to see many of you!! After planes taking off over our heads and rubbish trucks and car fumes, I can't WAIT to see green hills and hear the birds and smell the trees in the bush. I love it here but I think really there IS no place like home, so tap your heels twice Dorothy then you and Toto can be on your way. In my case, I will check in at the airport once then myself and Christian will be on our way.

It's very exciting.

LOOK OUT KAIPARA SLASH WARKWORTH, WE ARE COMING BACK!!

PS. Screw Cup-A-Soup, I'm making my own and it's FULL OF DELICIOUSNESS. Even my mum said so.


I miss this view...


Oh ye hazy hills!!


Look, it's trees and hills AND Sally!!! (she's in front of the flax bush)

4 comments:

Sally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sally said...

CRAP. I needed to delete my last comment because of BAD ENGLISH. How embarrassing.

So, let's start again.

WAIT. Your dog is named Sally?? I don't know if I want that to be a coincident or not...

Sally said...

P.S. I am also making soup. My flatmate has a crockpot... LE GASP! I forgot to put a ham bone in! Oh well, it will have to do. There is not enough space for it now. I'm going to fill my thermos with it and take it to the movies tomorrow. (I am too poor right now to buy popcorn)

Anna Apperley said...

I thought you knew my dog was named Sally!! Don't worry, she's lovely. Hahaha, I still read your bad comment cos they're emailed to me. I'm glad you saw how bad it was tho. EYE put a bacon bone in, it's delicious.